Monday, April 26, 2010

napowrimo-26-get scrappy

Today's prompt asked us to rehash a poem we didn't complete or abandoned. I don't have a lot of those so took a while to find one. I followed instructions and rewrote lines, scrapped some, added some and here is my poem.

Fragrance we call time.


Today is a day just like any other
With rarest treasures to discover.
Dispensed is a fragrance we call time
Free to use, doesn't cost a dime.

As it runs out from your treasure store
Replace it with timeless jewels galore.
These are the things that you give away
Yet in your treasure chest they stay.

Tears that you shed for that hurting soul
Have turned into purest drops of gold.
Each time you rescued someone poor
Rubies were added to your store.

Pearls are precious moments you spend
Being there, lending a hand.
The greatest jewel that you can earn,
Love given, will into diamonds turn.

So use that fragrance of time with care
It is precious and it is rare.
Something you cannot buy or contain,
Once spent can't ever be bottled again.

Yesterday's portion won't help today
Tomorrow may not come my way
Today this hour this minute this now
I am in charge of what and how!

©Ingeborg. April 2010

4 comments:

Dan said...

Fragrence we call time...

what a nice concept. My lilacs are starting to bloom.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dan about that line. Beautiful. I want to steal it, but won't.

Unknown said...

Hi and thanks for visiting. This is something we can easily squander, so we should definitely savour the fragrance.

flaubert said...

Lovely message here.
Pamela