Sunday, April 4, 2010

NaPoWRiMo April 1st: Leaving, on a jet plane

April 1st challenge was to draw at random 5 song titles and use each one in a poem. I wrote down about a dozen song titles, folded them up and drew 5 at random. The 5 titles for me are:

  1. You've got a friend.
  2. Lord of the dance.
  3. Leaving on a Jet Plane.
  4. Just the way you are
  5. Always a woman to me
Leaving on a jet plane.

You're leaving, on a jet plane

Not sure if you'll be back again!
Although we shared no romance
You were my Lord of the dance.
Crying won't change a thing
Who knows what winter will bring.
These words you said tenderly:
You're always a woman to me.
Know then that love has no end,
Forever: you've got a friend.
With you goes part of my heart
Saddened that you must depart.
Richer because we have met
With memories I won't forget!
For a season you were my star
Always stay just the way you are
Go then with blessings galore,
Knowing I'll open my door
Should you be lonely or blue
My friend, I will be there for you!
(c) Ingeborg Apfelbaum. April 2010

No comments: