Wednesday, April 14, 2010

napowrimo-april-12th-SECRET CODES

The Secret


The brook mumbled, she's crook she's crook
You fiend, on this secret, hands we shook!
Now it's out for all to see
I thought with you, safe I'd be!
Ruth my friend she let me down
Looked at me with somber frown
You'r sick so off to bed with you
Nothing here for you to do!
Alas alone I had no chance
Words refused with me to dance
The prompt seemed harder too that day
So I just had to stay away.

© Ingeborg Apfelbaum. April 2010

Note: Apparently the word "crook" meaning ill /sick is Australian slang. So I thought I better add an explanation. Also the name Ruth above links into an earlier napowrimo poem where we had to give a name to the poet within us, the thing that makes us write poetry. I chose Ruth meaning friend. This poem was submitted a day late because I was ill :)

No comments: